Persuasion and influence are important factors that have a direct impact on your personal success, whether at the workplace in your personal lives. No matter who you are or what you do, you will never learn a more valuable or important set of skills than that of how to influence others.
Once you tap into the power of influence, you can reach out and help others work smarter, grow faster, live, look and feel better. Here are some tips to help you improve your influencing skills:
1. Be clear about what you are trying to achieve and the outcomes that you want.
2. Get in the shoes of those you want to persuade and think about it from their perspective.
3. Plan as much as you can before the situation to minimise the amount of thinking on your feet you will have to do.
4. Be flexible and be willing to change your style to accommodate different situations and personalities.
5. Make time to reflect and learn from both successful and unsuccessful influencing situations.